Thursday, October 25, 2012

Top 20 Beers I Want To Try

Less than one month away from the one year anniversary of this blog, I can certainly make the claim that the past year has been a pretty epic year as far as beer is concerned. I have reviewed almost a beer per day, among which have been several "wales" (rare beers) that I have been lucky enough to either personally acquire or have great friends share with me. Some of my favorites have been Double Sunshine IPA, Abrasive Ale, Surly Darkness, Consecration, Sang Noir, 1414, Bourbon Vanilla Dark Lord, Vanilla Bourbon County Stout and of course, my favorite beer of all time, Bourbon County Rare.

This weekend, I will be headed to Darkness Day where hopefully I will get to taste and trade for even more of my top wants. Right now, here are the top 20 beers that I want to try -- excluding the stuff that I have never tried before that is currently sitting in my cellar inventory:
  1. Närke Kulturbryggeri AB's Kaggen! Stormaktsporter (this bottle continued to elude me, and I am doubting I will ever get to try it at this point)
  2. Cantillon Blåbær Lambik (another beer I am not holding my breath to try any time soon)
  3. Several of the beers in De Struise's Black Damnation series (particularly Black Damnation XI (Special Kay), Black Damnation Molen's 666 Edition and Black Damnation V (Double Black))
  4. Peg's G.O.O.D. Rare D.O.S.
  5. Midnight Sun's Bar Fly
  6. Hill Farmstead's Twilight of the Idols
  7. Hill Farmstead's Genealogy Of Morals
  8. Hill Farmstead's Ann (holding my breath even less on this one that I am for Blaeber) 
  9. Portmouth Brewing's Oaked Kate The Great (I know how to acquire one, but do not like the asking price)
  10. The Funky Buddha's Maple Bacon Coffee Porter (I also really want to try Morning Wood)
  11. Alpine's Great
  12. AleSmith Brewing Company's Barrel Aged Speedway Stout (or even the Kopi Luwak Speedway Stout)
  13. Dry Dock Brewing Company's Bligh's Barleywine Ale
  14. Cantillon Lou Pepe Kriek  
  15. Big Sky's Ivan The Terrible
  16. Lost Abbey's Duck Duck Gooze 
  17. Various Alpine IPA such as Hoppy Birthday, Pure Hoppiness and Bad Boy
  18. The last of the barrel aged Dark Lord variants from Three Floyds that I have not tried: Cognac Barrel Aged Dark Lord, Cognac Barrel Aged Dark Lord De Muerte, Bourbon Barrel Aged Dark Lord (Pappy Van Winkle), and Dark Lord De Muerte
  19. Flossmoor Station's Wooden Hell
  20. Freemont Brewing Company's Bourbon Barrel Abominable and Kentucky Dark Star
Sadly, there will be no barrel aged Darkness at Darkness Day this year. One of these years I will also make the mecca over to California to drink Russian River's Pliny the Younger on tap.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment