Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Beer Review: Homebrew Pale Ale

Reviewing my most recent homebrew, a Pale Ale.
Score: 5

Appearance: Pours a hazy golden yellow with absolutely no head save for a little foamy ring around the glass. No lacing. 1/5

Smell: Yeasty apples, apple juice and some spicy cinnamon. A little tart floral aroma. 2/5

Taste: SOUR apples and booziness. A little yeasty. Extremely pungent tart flavor. This one came out awful and will make you gag. This is what Unibroue's Ephemere would taste like if the batch were infected. 0/5

Mouthfeel: Light bodied, medium-high carbonation that accentuates the beer's sourness. 0/5

Overall: Do not drink this if you are misfortunate enough for me to offer it to you. On the bright side, it's extremely high in alcohol content. I swear some of the beers I brewed before this one are drinkable.

Recommendation: Drain pour. I need a Miller Lite to get the taste out of my mouth.

Pairings: The sink.

Cost: Free (well, I guess I paid for the ingredients, and inputted a lot of wasted time and effort)

No comments:

Post a Comment